Schedule an appointment by calling (803)331-5351, or email us at
Sprinkler Head Repair Service
Sprinkler heads will need adjustments or repairs over time due to normal wear and tear. Maintaining working sprinkler heads is integral to having a lush, green lawn. Lexington Sprinkler Repair will inspect your sprinkler system and find the type of head that works best for you. We can replace any clogged, leaking or broken sprinkler heads that you might have.
Our irrigation specialists can:
- Replace broken or leaking sprinkler heads
- Clean and reset clogged sprinkler heads
- Diagnose low water pressure through sprinkler heads
Common causes for sprinkler head repair:
- Top of head is placed too high and needs to be dug in lower into the ground. If the top is too high, then lawn mowers can chop off the cap, damaging the head or roll over the head causing leaks or a break in the elbow connector.
- Edgers are sometimes used when they should not be used or a sprinkler head is placed too close to a concrete edge where they are in the way of (blade style) edgers. This case calls for either using a string trimmer or moving the sprinkler head off of the concrete a bit.
- The amount of sand that the shaft of the popup head or rotary head have to pop through can have an effect on the longevity of the unit. Alot of sand can wear down the shaft, making it stick in the "up" position where it is vulnerable to mower wheels or lawn mower blades.
- With rotator type sprinkler heads, often times the gears and the internal workings go bad, which call for replacing the entire unit.